Scholarship Information for
Current College Students
Deadline for Application is February 28, 2020:
Send completed applications, along with appropriate documentation, to:
KSC Scholarship Committee
P. O. Box 5218
Keesler AFB, MS 39534
The Keesler Spouses’ Club (KSC) is offering scholarships to dependent children of active duty, guard/reserve, retired/deceased or DoD civilian employees assigned, stationed, or home-based at Keesler AFB. These scholarships will be presented at the KSC banquet tentatively scheduled for April 28, 2020.
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled college student who is a dependent of: a. A service member of any Armed Forces on active status, including Active Guard and Reserves assigned to Keesler AFB.
- Any civil service personnel working at Keesler AFB.
- A retired service member of any Armed Forces who resides in the counties of Hancock, Harrison, or Jackson.
- A service member classified as Missing in Action or Active Duty Service Member who perished under honorable conditions.
- A deceased civil service or key civilian personnel assigned to Keesler AFB.
- Applicant must have a valid dependent ID card or, if applicable, proof of sponsor’s DoD civilian employment at Keesler AFB.
- Applicant must plan to attend an accredited college, university or vocational school during the 2020-2021 academic year in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate and must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Applicant may not have previously won a KSC scholarship.
- Applicant accepting a full scholarship to a military academy may not accept a KSC scholarship.
Scholarship awards from the Keesler Spouses’ Club will be applied toward full-time enrollment, for tuition, textbooks, on-campus housing, meal plan, required supplies or equipment, and fees and will be paid directly to the attending institution. The availability of scholarships and their dollar amounts are determined annually, based upon monies donated to and raised by the KSC. The KSC Scholarship Committee determines appropriate qualification of applicant and distribution of money based on available funds along with the analysis of scores by a separate panel of judges.
- Academic Achievement
- Work Experience
- Community/Volunteer Activities (i.e. school, church, civic, military, etc.). Emphasis is provided toward military contributions (youth programs, chapel, etc.)
Please reference the FAQ page with any questions.